Sunday, July 26, 2015

Ghetto Living

The major stressful part is over! Tyler, my mom and I all signed the papers Thursday, and the rest happened so quickly! We went to see the landlord at noon and was there for forty five minutes going over everything and signing the papers. Nicole and Tyler lit up light like Christmas trees. I'm pretty excited but it's more for the DIY's, the no dad, and just being in a quiet environment.

I don't think I've mentioned these apartments, but it's right next to my favorite park where Tyler and I have so many memories and it's literally right across the street from work! I also love the fact that it's closer to my dog :3. It's a one bedroom apartment and it's tiny (well I guess average size) I think it's only 524 square feet. So my Moroccan style bedroom is going to have to wait, but I still have some ideas I can try. Oh! It has air condition but we don't want to go overboard so we have our floor fan. Last night, we had the air condition run for an hour tops and I got cold sitting on the living room floor, but we went into the bedroom and it was untouched! so I tried setting the fan next to the air condition blowing towards the bedroom. Yeah, it didn't work too well, so we had the window open last night with the floor fan on.

Yesterday was so exhausting! But, I had no idea the family dollar could be so much fun! We went to go get shower curtain hangers (at eight last night), and we had to be in there for at least 45 minutes. I didn't know this but they have towels, bathroom sets, cute little trashcans, soap dispensers and despite the really crappy quality, everything was so cute! I also noticed it might become my new King Soopers for a while. I mean Poptarts for $2, I think so! They had name brand toothpaste and deodorant for at least $2 - $3 cheaper than even Kings.

We also went to Savers, and if you can stomach the smell, I would highly suggest it. The furniture over there is really nice believe it or not, and uber cheap! Mom and I could only handle it for 15 minutes before we had to go get fresh air, but I was pretty impressed with Savers.

Oh, last stop at 9:30, was Kmart! I could've spent a lot of time there! They had comforters, pillows (lots of pillows!), couches, bean bags, everything! If I wasn't so exhausted from packing and unpacking, and the store didn't close in half an hour, I would've been in there a lot longer than I was.

I always knew that home decor shopping was going to be a blast for me, and I'm trying so hard to behave but it is taking every last ounce of my self control to not go overboard! I love it so much!

So as of day one for furniture, we have a half deflated air mattress, a camping chair, a $30 TV stand from the family dollar (that so far is holding up really well), and my 19" monitor, and that's it haha! I don' t mind it, it's how it's supposed to be, it's supposed to be brutally cheap in the beginning because then it only gets better. I get to start my lifetime goal of turning a living space into a home, and I cannot wait!

In terms of dishes; Tyler's friend's mom, (practically Tyler's mom, and as now claimed me as well), gave us really nice stone dishware set, it's really pretty too but so fragile! And because we haven't gotten silverware, so Tyler bought that party size set of knives, spoons, and forks, which for whatever reason cracks me up!

And for food, we are now officially on a poor mans diet, we have filled up an entire shelf of Top Ramen, and the shelf above that starts our collection of Rice O Roni, and boxed noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment