Thursday, October 29, 2015

Catching Up

So, I was asked why I did only a few blogs and then stopped for four months, and I didn't really have an answer, but it was implied that I should continue, so here's a recap of the past couple months:

1. I quit my job at Corner Bakery, despite my love for the company. It took several months but after working about 105 hours in two weeks (between the two jobs) and still struggling with the Corner bakery GM, I finally just switched to Noodles and Company. Noodles so far hasn't been too bad, but there's only four people I get along with, the rest are just obnoxious hypocrites that love to hurt people, and it's getting old.

2. I did a little more homework on my "dream job" (and I use that term very loosely), and finally put in an application last night, and I go in for a second interview on Monday. This company is called Bad Daddy's and just to clear the name, not it is not a dance club! It is a burger bar place with a roof patio which considering it's still not completely built is so far my favorite part. It's kind of built like a Tavern for those of you who know it. So I'm uber excited, so cross your fingers, and toes! So far it's looking like I'll start off as a host, and then move to server, but Sean said nothing is in pen.

3. School! Three out of my four classes are going successfully! The fourth one is broken up into sections on my "report card" and all the averages looked fine, but then I saw her announcement that I was supposed to be at 440 points and I only had 106 points..... yeah no bueno. So, I sent her an email, and her advice was to just keep up from here so I'm really hoping I can pull out of this one. On the bright side, in a little over two months I will actually be attending school, and making friends, and moving up in the world. I get more and more excited the more I think about it! I'm ready to finally be an 18 year old college girl, living the college life, not online! I register for classes the 9th of November!

4. I have a scholarship meet up again on November 21, and as nerdy as it sounds I'm really excited. The scholarship is funded by World War II veterans and they all remind me of my Grandpa Willie (who died when I was younger), so I'm really looking forward to that.

5. My kitty: a brat! He his now six months old, still not neutered, and it's now becoming a necessity! He is ornery as all get out, and he's all over me all the time! As much as I love taking naps with him, sometimes I just find him to be a little unnecessary. He still bites and scratches like no other but it's funny he knows to be gentle with me so he just nibbles. We did get him a scratch post though! And he loves it, and he keeps the claws out of the couch for the most part so, good news there. And to top of his manly look, we got him a bow tie collar, with a golden fish for the template with his name on it! He has now reached Classy Kitty Status!

6. I guess the last thing to mention is Tyler and I. We've gone through a roller coaster ride the past couple month but many factors played into it. To put in perspective, I had to go back home for a couple days, just because I got so overwhelmed with him, the house, the school, and balancing it all. But after three days, and an hour long phone call (lame I know) we cleared everything up, and we've been actually doing so much better since. There's a lot more communication, there's more listening, there's just more talking, more movie watching, so that's been moving smoothly as well.

As for me! I see a new day to start fresh. My goal from here is to really start getting back to what I want to do. Photography, crafts (lame I know), singing horribly in the car, dancing worse when I'm home alone, and just getting back to living. All the moving in and moving out, and stabilizing has been so overwhelming, and my motivation to do anything just got lost, and so for the rest of this year and to start off the new year I want to start recuperating and moving on from here! Wish me luck!


Hopefully pics to come :)




No comments:

Post a Comment