Monday, November 9, 2015

The Future!

Well to start off! I got the job! I now a part of the Bad Daddy's team and that was such a relief to hear! I start either the 19th or the 25th for orientation and from there its training for three week. The upside: its a baby step forward to more money; down side, is for those three weeks I'll only be making minimum wage. Upside is I'll still be working at Noodles in the morning. What about school you ask. Ironically enough the training is the whole week I'm out for fall break, so no homework, no test no nada.

School: Still the same B-C average, but I honestly don't care. Biology for whatever reason my grade is not moving. I have five assignments missing from months ago, but otherwise maintain a low B high C average and she has me at 400 points behind! I just sent email number two expressing my concern so hopefully this time it'll work.

There's a quick recap. Now the reason I actually hopped on today was because I went to go get school advising and left so overwhelmed.

I don't know what I want to do with my life. I love psychology, and would love to know more about it, but doing for the rest of my life? I don't know if I could handle that. Then I found out my biopsychology wasn't even a minor there. So my options are now:


  • Create my own major minor: that has to come with a proposal, which is based on research of the skills, careers, etc of the field. From there the university would have to put together all my classes. It sounds like a good option but again I don't know if its exactly what I want to do.
  • I could also, minor in Biology: that would require 6 extra credits than the average minor would require, and as of right now Biology is not my friend.
  • Another option is get a bachelors in Biology in Arts: can somebody tell me the correlation between biology and art? I don't get the connection. But this area focuses on general biology, organic and biological chemical chemistry and plant and animal ecology. NO. THANK. YOU. I hated all that stuff in high school.
  • Last of my options, which is the most I'm considering is getting the Bachelors in Biology in Sciences department. This includes more of human physiology, cellular and molecular biology, and zoology if I wanted.
Gah! If I knew what kind of career I wanted I would feel like I would have more direction but I don't even know what I would want to do. Helping kids, definitely! Child psychologist make on average is close to $70,000 and goes up from there. That could possibly work. 

Psychiatrist sounds like something I'd be into. According to Google, (don't judge) they diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental disorders; but they also prescribe and I'm not down for that! How am I supposed to give out drugs like it's a cure all when I don't agree with medications as a whole. Maybe I could try that though, mental disorders are the whole reason I wanted to get into psychology.... I just found out I would be looking at medical school! Man I really hope this path is the right one for me!

Looking through the career list psychiatrist doesn't sound bad. Maybe I'll aim for that and see if that works!

I told myself that if psychology doesn't work I would turn to neurology, well both require medical school. So it looks like I'm headed that way.... I guess I'll start minoring in Biology in Science and see where that leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment