Sunday, June 28, 2015

June 28

I'm freaking out! I feel like I've hit rock bottom with this stuff and I shouldn't even be the one feeling unmotivated. Tyler is the one that's about to lose everything: the roof over his head, which could slowly cause the loss of his job, and in the next couple of days he goes to court to find out how long he loses his licence for.

How did all this happen? Just an unfortunate soul who couldn't choose his family.

What can I do? That's the question I keep asking myself. I've tried talking my parents into letting him stay at my house, and when I was living with him for two months it was: "We might be able to do that," "that kind of environment will make anyone want to kill themselves." But now that I've been back home for a month the response I got was "Well we don't want to set the example to your sister that it's okay for boyfriends to move in!" I'm sorry "What?!" I understand my sister is thirteen, and I completely understand the whole "setting a bad example" but he does work a FULL TIME JOB, working DOUBLE SHIFTS, he gets two days off a week and I'm sorry were both young and adventurous the last thing we're going to do is stay at home on our days off! Plus! Its only for a month! Four weeks! By that time we'll have enough money to move out into our own apartment.

I don't know, parents out there, if you're reading this, give me honest feedback! I love feedback!

So, he talked to his friend, which is where he's staying at now, and he bought himself a little more time under their roof and permission to drive their car to work. What's the catch? It's a thirty minute drive....think about it....

Why don't I drive him you ask? I haven't had a car since February of this year. My dad isn't the most book smart, but he is street smart and he knows people, which is how he got me the car in the first place. And last summer I put that car to good use. I went everywhere, I wanted to explore and that's just what I did. Around winter last year, my car kept overheating, I had to quit using the heater which didn't work anyway and I wasn't able to use the defroster. So I was driving around with completely frosted mirrors and no heat. I told my dad about it, and he told me that when the weather warmed up and he had time he would take it to his buddy's shop and they'd get it fixed, batta bing batta boom! I waited three weeks... he didn't touch it!

My mom (also very street smart) knows a Acura/Honda mechanic....he can only receive text messages when there's wi-fi, and he lives in the ghetto and lives off of street money. Awesome, right? So it took about another two weeks to get him down to look at it, and he fixed it! He looked at it, and said that there was anti freeze leaking into the carbon monoxide and carbon monoxide leaking into my gas (or something along those lines), and something was wrong with the cooling system. Long story short, there was a huge checklist I would have to go through before I got behind the wheel.

At the time I didn't care, the first thing I did was drive to Tyler's apartment complex, parked in visitor parking, and ran in. A couple hours later, we decided to go get food; so we got in my car, I went to go pull out, and sure enough the right side of my bumper tore off!! Five months of critical driving, I get it fixed, and my bumper falls off.... I was going to bust into tears!

Anyway, Since then I've been promised that two of the seven cars sitting outside my house would be fixed and up and running for me, and yet, neither one have been moved let alone touched. This is going on month nine now that I've been told a car will be fixed, and hasn't. So cars out of the picture....

Apartments: did you know Colorado's renting prices have reached the rental prices in California? It should also be in statistics that living on minimum wage is damn near close to impossible! Everything is SO expensive! If I can find one for $700, it has bugs; if I find one that reasonably close to where we work, its $850, if I find one that's in price range, its 12.0 miles away. I never thought finding an apartment would make me want to rip out my hair! We're down to three complexes that are near by, and one of them is a little out of budget, and the other two are in questionable neighborhoods.

But these are our last resorts, we just found these places and of course it's the weekend so the offices are closed! So tomorrow is a big day! If this doesn't work, things are going to go south, quick!

Oh! There is also one last option, mom has a friend who lives in Englewood, he needs help with rent, Tyler needs a place to stay temporarily, it sounds doable. As for transportation, I think mom said he lives near a bus or light rail that will take him straight to work, and these run until three in the morning.

Please, Please, Please! Cross your fingers, toes, arms, eyeballs, anything you can and hope for the best! I'll probably have updates soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hope all goes well for both of you! As crazy as things are right now, please do whatever's needed to stay on course for college (staying with friends, staying home with free rent, etc.) ... ensuring you have the skills / degree for the next 40 years of successful employment needs to be your focus.

    ReplyDelete